Monday, December 08, 2003

Did you know they make pomegranate juice? They do! And, the best part is, it's good with vodka!

I work in the HR office of a construction company. Right now, it's open enrollment for the health insurance. This means, it's the one time of year in which people can make whatever changes they want to their enrollment choices for no reason at all. This has been going on for 13 days. Tomorrow's the last day. We've sent out a letter explaining all this, and that we absolutely, positively must have all forms in the office by tomorrow at 5. No exceptions, no matter if you're the CFO, a laborer, or the Pope. It don't matter- in the eyes of our little HR kingdom, all are equal. So, you would think, that if a person lived in East Podunk and had no fax machine or computer or scanner nor access to these things, they would perhaps call sometime before the 2nd to last day of open enrollment. But noooooo. So I faxed these forms to a florist today, since that is apparently the only place in East Podunk with a fax. Not a particularly funny story, is it?

My cat is playing with a ball and she bounced it into J's big ol' water ski boots and now she's confused. I'm torn. Should I be a nice person and get it out, or should I be mean and not and enjoy her confusion. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter. This is the dumb cat. Although, she does know what time J gets up in the morning, a fact that has saved him from being late (and, by extension, me, since he wakes me up) several times. Although she doesn't understand the concept of Saturday. Or Sunday. Or long weekend. If anyone out there has any idea how to teach these things to a cat with white fluff for brains, email me at zoe_chrys@yahoo.com

I just found out that the spell checker doesn't know my name is a valid word. That can't be good for my self esteem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home